Friday, July 02, 2010

The Playhouse - 4 Walls Complete

I have some time off of work and I'm using that to work on the playhouse. Yesterday was a fairly productive day as I got all of the remaining shealthing cut and nailed to the walls. I also finished framing around the door and built the supports that will hold the ridge board in place as I start putting up the rafters.















This picture shows how I have added the wall plate (basically a layer of 2x4 that helps lock the walls together) and framed out the top six inches of the door. I was actually a little surprised how well that went together!

With the wall plate now installed, next up I needed to finish installing the sheathing on the walls.



 








A view through the right side window

A view through the left side window












Next on the list was to built the supports that will hold the ridge board in place while I install the rafters. Once the rafters are all in place, these supports will be removed. I also finished shealthing the front wall to match the other three walls.














And now I just need to get to work on the rafters...

No comments: