Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Anticipated Updates

In desperate need for a few days away from the real job, I'm taking the next three days off.

...well sort of!
I have 4 Adirondack chairs to work on, along with about two dozen bottle stoppers!

Stay tuned for updated stories, postings and pictures!

Monday, March 30, 2009

Segmented Bottle Stopper #2

Here is my second completed wine bottle stopper.

I’m fairly happy about how this stopper came out. There are still a few tweaks I’d like to make to the process to improve the results.

Stopper Stats:
Total pieces: 121
Primary wood: Walnut
Secondary wood: Red Leaf Maple
Cap: Sapele
Dimensions: 2-1/8” tall, 1” diameter
Finish: CA/BLO

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

First Wine Bottle Stopper

I bought my bottle stopper kits about a year and a half ago. I had made this blank to be part of another segmented pen, but got to thinking that it was just about the right size to make a stopper also.

There are about 120 +/- pieces of walnut, maple, bloodwood and sapele in this piece. I used the same CA/BLO finish on the topper that I use on my pens. The stopper top is about 2-1/4” tall.