Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Candy Dish - Segmented of Course!

I've finished my first segmented candy dish!

The candy dish is 2-3/4" tall with a 5" diameter and includes 61 segments. I used the "early american" stain from Minwax for color and applied several coats of wipe-on gloss polyurethane.

I like how this little dish has come out. I've got a second one nearly finished and I'm looking forward to making more!

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Another Segmented Candy Dish

Here's a better picture of the candy dish from yesterday.

Today I turned another candy dish, with a similar segment pattern, that uses twice as many segments.

I was thinking that by making similar dishes with different sized segments it would help design new pieces in the future. It should give me an idea of what a design should look like with the different options. Tha's the theory anyway!