I know it's been a while since I've posted an update. This is not due to inactivity however.
I have another Adirondack in the works. This is #2 for one of the girls at work. She bought one last summer and now she wants a matching one. I've got the frame assembled and have applied the primer. With the exception of the seat slats, the remaining pieces have been cut to size. I need to run the router over the edges to round off the sharp corners and give them all a quick sanding before getting the paint on these pieces.
I've also glued, cut and shaped the top of the Oak dresser. I've got the front back and sides glued up for the bottom drawer. I'm having a little trouble deciding what I want to do for the bottom of the drawers on this project. I'm trying to push this project farther into the "fine woodworking" category and I'm afraid that plywood drawer bottoms will hinder that. And at the same time, solid wood bottoms include more money, time, weight and work. I may just put off that decision until later.