Monday, February 28, 2011

A Segmented Hollow Vessel - Turning

I'd like to start off and say to anyone that wants to turn a hollow vessel... go get a hollowing tool! Using a gouge, scraper and skew I was able to get the results I was looking for, but I believe a hollowing tool would have been WAY easier!

I did turn the bottom of the inside before I finished doing the glue-up. And it's a good thing too, I never would have been able to get it done well otherwise.


















I used thin CA to strengthen the foot and that is what is giving the wet effect.


















I need to do some sanding now. Sanding the inside is going to be a little tricky, I haven't quite figured how I'm going to do that yet!


















I am happy that I've acheived the overall shape I was going for.

No comments: