Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Segmented Hollow Vessel - The Beginning

What is a segmented hollow vessel? Essentially a segmented hollow vessel is a form of vase without the intention of holding anything. It's an art piece.

I have been working on various design's to follow up my Segmented Abstract Model, Flower, for several months now. I've got a few different designs that I would like to pull together at some point. Recently I came up with a design that felt just right. I knew it was time to make it happen.

With all the sketching done, it was time to make some saw dust and cut some segments. I started the segment cutting yesterday and finished up today. I've got a couple days off from my job and hope to get most of the gluing done before I go back.

The vessel will be six inches high and six inches in diameter and will include 235 segments. Here's a sneak peek...

No comments: