Sunday, February 25, 2007

Completed DVD Shelf

I know it looks like it's floating in this first picture, but here is the now completed DVD shelf hanging on our living room wall. We painted the room back in early December and around the same time, I got a copy of The Family Handyman that had this project. I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I used White Oak, plywood for the back and the molding is Pine with an Early American stain. Everything was rubbed down with a couple coats of Boiled Linseed Oil.



One of the thoughts on this project is to get the DVDs out of the reach of my firecracker three year old. She can still reach them...



And finally here's a shot showing how the shelf is set over the loveseat. We are planning on upgrading to something in the leather line which should go nicely with the warm look of the Oak and BLO combo.

No comments: