Sunday, January 01, 2006

not as quiet as it would appear

As you can see, it's been over a week since my last entry. This may cause some to think, "why that lazy bastard hasn't done a darn thing!", but you'd be wrong! While it's true I didn't produce mass amounts of anything on Christmas Eve, the dungeon has been a bustling!

I received a gift certificate and some cash for Christmas that was quickly converted into a drill press! I've also received a new order from my good friends at Woodcraft. This order consisted of some drill bits, finish and an assortment of pen blanks. I got assortment "A". Some friends got me a gift certificate to woodcraft that will allow me to get assortment "B". I can't wait to start making some pens with this wood, the colors are amazing!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Some of those pen blanks are so cool! The Purple Heart and Zebra are neat. It's kinda cool to hold a piece of wood in your hand and know that not too long ago it was a tree in Africa.

darrylmasterson said...

The Purple Heart is really cool. I've heard about it from a couple customers at the real job that use it, but this is the first time I've ever seen it. I also like the looks of the Cocobolo, it's got that deeper chocolately look to it.

I'm curious to see the reaction I get when I bring some into work, perhaps I can get this habit (I mean hobby) to pay for itself!

Anonymous said...

I'm a little offended seeing that a pen never leaves my hand in the 8+ hours of my work day that I didn't get one, at least I would use it and not store it in a china cupboard or complain about the big bubble end(but I don't think i could write with the bubble end either).
Oh well what is the saying...
Wish in one Hand, S*** in the other and see which fills up first!!!
Cindy