Wednesday, May 25, 2011

latest vessel

Wow, it's been a while! It's amazing how fast time can slip away...

Ok, I have been doing some woodworking. I've got a new vessel nearing completion. This vessel is made up of 144 segements of mahogany. I still need to do some sanding and apply the finish, but the turning is done!



















Similar to the past couple vessels, "coconut" is also 6" tall with a 6" diameter. There will be a floating bottom to allow the very bottom ring to be made of segments as well. The finish, when applied, will be gloss polyurethane.

1 comment:

onesnevertooold said...

Hi Darryl, as usual your work on this vessel is nothing short of magnificent! I suspect by your mention it will be only the polyeurathane with no stain? If so I imagine "coconut" will be stunning as I love the natural color of wood w/o stain and clear coated. Marvelous work my friend and hope you and yours are well. Take care.