After deciding on a floor plan of 8' x 12' I got to work with the help of a friend and my brother-in-law. We were able to get the floor and back wall put together pretty quickly.
It rained the following weekend, so nothing was done then. But it was nice on week three and I was able to get the front and one side wall framed up...or at least mostly framed up! The front wall has a door in the middle and a window on each side of the door. Both side walls will have a centered window. The walls are all six feet tall.
Last weekend I picked up some 7/16" OSB (that particleboard stuff and referred to as sheathing) and started adding that on. I also got the additional 2x4s i need to finish framing the last wall. With the sheathing applied the frame is now much more ridgid and it's starting to look more like a playhouse.
I picked up two more sheets of OSB to work on finishing the sheathing on the two sides and the front up to the top of the window frames. The top 18" of the walls I'll finish after I get the roof framed up. Speaking of which... I have six days off for the 4th of July and I'm planning on getting the roof framed and hoping to also get the OSB up there as well so the whole playhouse will be closed in with the exception of the window and door openings!
Once I get the roof started (hopefully Thursday) I'll be sure to post some new pics. Stay tuned!