Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dungeon Happenings

I know that based on the numbers of posts rolling through this blog lately you would be hard pressed to think anything was happening at all in my little dungeon of a workshop... and you'd actually be wrong!

I actually do have a few projects in the works!

~ I have a couple of pens that I need to get finished. They really should have been done a long time ago, but sadly they kept getting stuck on the backburner.

~ I have another set of Adirondack chairs to do. This set is going to be painted white. They are for one of the girls at work that has already purchased two others. She also wants a couple more foot rests to go with them. The foot rests aren't quite as far along as the chairs though...

~ I have another small table in the works also. Similar in size to the table I made for my daughter, this one is being made with some oak that once was a hand rail in a local college.

~ I also have that dresser from oh so long ago that I would like to make some progress on. In a way, I'm actually glad that project got halted. I've found a few ways to overcome some perceived obstacles in that project that I feel fairly confident in tackling now.

So if I can stay focused and busy, I might actually have some interesting posts coming up soon. It would be nice to end the year with a barrage of completed projects and postings!

2 comments:

Woodbloke said...

In the same sort of state as me...I've got plenty of stuff to do that's in the pipeline. Just got to get myself motivated to get out to the 'shop in the evenings and crack on...

...and watch out for the little people!

Anonymous said...

Listen guys! I just got out of a business relationship and its simply because we had too many things going on at the same time. Take a moment to really plan ahead. Jot down everything you want to do but do it in a proper fashion cuz if you dont you're just going to be stuck. Stuck in a way where you have soo much on your plate that you dont even know where to begin. Take your time, patience is a virtue yet at the same time don't procrastinate.

-Kelly