I started this project quite some time ago. This past weekend I finally got it put into place. I do need to pull it down at some point to apply a stain a poly finish to make it match the other cabinets, but for now it is serving it's purpose.
The purpose is for saving my wife's life.
We had been storing her cookie sheets and cooling racks up above the little range hood / vent thing over our stove. Everything that was up there just seemed to have a way of becoming entangled like velcro, causing everything to come crashing down if you didn't use three hands to remove something!
There is peace at last!