Friday, March 16, 2007

Bronze Cigar Pen

Here's the second cigar pen that I'm making for my friend. I'm happy with how both of them turned (pardon the pun) out. Of the two, I think the blue is my favorite, though the black chrome kit on this bronze blank looks pretty good.

As far as processes are concerned, I sanded this one with 220 and 320 grit paper and finshed up with a good rubbing of 0000 steel wool. A tac cloth helps clean up the dust.


I've got a couple more acrylic pens to make and then back to some using wood. I got some bloodwood from another local woodturner that I think will look real good.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

They did come out pretty. Boy, do they ever stink when you turn them though!

darrylmasterson said...

they do stink a bit when making them, but they also look nice and I like the overall feel of them.

I've got some more wooden pens in the works. those posting should be coming soon.

Jenn said...

I'd like one of these, but in the slimmer style. I just can't write with such a thick pen.